It’s Saturday the 20th March 2021. In today's post match pod we are joined by Oxford fan Adam Strand who’s going to help us analyse Blackpool’s FOURTH away win on the bounce, this time, a fine two-nil win at the Kassam Stadium.
- Hectic start to the match, with ‘Pool pressing from the off, for once!
- 5 - KK long range shot
- 7 - Tricky Brandon Barker run past Turton, crosses into Maxwell chest.
- 9 - Dougal blazes over
- 14 - Great bending corner from KK, headed off line from Ballard header. Sykes clears off the line.
- 15 - GOAL! Dougal. Corner from Garbutt, cleared, headed back in from KK, on by Thorniley and finished by Dougal.
- 20 - Another dangerous Barker run down the left, caused havoc in Blackpool box. Ex Rangers man looks a threat.
- Great high pressing from Bllackpool in first half of first half
- 27 - Mark Sykes drills a great shot just wide.
- 30 - Ward ‘cross/shot’ goes out for a throw in from great counter attack
- 35 - Gorrins misplaced pass, KK intercepts and curls it just wide. Should have hit the target
- 42 - GOAL! Ballard. Another beautiful inswinging KK corner, powered in by Ballard.
- Best half of the season by Blackpool that. Letting Oxford defence have the ball then high pressing their midfield and refusing to let them play making them go long.
- 46 - ‘Pool counter, KK cross caused havoc, Atkinson keeps ball off the line by falling on the ball
- 47 - Ox then counter with Shadipo firing straight at Maxwell - should have done better as it opened up for him
- 55 - Shadipo great chance. 4 v 2 break and should have scored. Great block from Garbutt.
- 57 - Embleton drags one just wide after good work on the right, lacking in power though
- 59 - KK slotted in from Yates, KK dinks but Stevens saves after quickly coming off his line
- 70 - Embleton 1-2 with Yates, Stevens tips over, great save
- 75 - Ageyi drills shot in, straight at Maxwell. Oxford pressing now and looking dangerous.
- 80 - Barkers dangerous clipped cross from the by-line, headed wide by Agi.
- 82 - Gabriel played in at angle, shot tipped round from Stevens for a corner.
- ‘Pool in control of the match last ten minutes of the match, keeping the ball in their half
- 88 - Gabriel bursts into box put pokes it over with his right foot. Should have taken it on his left maybe.
- SIX minutes of added time?!!!
Support our content
If you enjoy our pods and want to chuck us a few quid to say thanks, please consider becoming a patron supporter of the show. Starting from the price of a pint per month, you can help support our costs, make the show better and get bonus content and services in return.
To find out more and hopefully sign up go to our Patreon page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Help us grow on YouTube by subscribing to the Seasiders Podcast YouTube channel and you will be notified whenever we are doing a live show and/or release new content.
Leave us Apple Podcast review
Leave us an Apple podcasts rating and review - this helps us grow and gain exposure in the said podcast store.
Cheers and Up the ‘Pool!
John, Tim, Nick, Matt, Sam & Tom